Millions people seek plastic (or aesthetic) procedures in a different country due to the cost, quality or simply wishing to combine a visit with an opportunity to better their appearance. Choosing and planning (for example getting visa) can be done in parallel with waiting time which can be several weeks in advance. Please note that more invasive procedures like liposuction or nose surgery require some recovery time (a week or longer). Dermabrasion, laser treatments can take less and you can spend more time enjoying the place of your visit. Here's top destinations in Americas:
- Brazil - Rio de Janeiro is considered the “World Capital of Plastic Surgery” with more plastic procedures done than the rest of the world. Prices can be higher than other destinations but it's backed up by safety, highly experienced specialists and innovations in the field.
- Costa Rica - Known for high quality surgeons and clinics (2 are JCI accredited - Hospital CIMA and Hospital Clinica Biblica) mostly in the capital San-Jose and great nature and places to enjoy.
- Mexico - Has 9 JCI accredited clinics and other hospitals that equipped with up-to-date technology and well-trained doctors.
- Colombia - With most of physicians trained in USA and UK and 5 JCI-accredited clinics in the capital Bogota, Medellin and Cali is also popular place for dental treatments.
- Argentina - A relative newcomer to cosmetic procedures tourism (2 JCI-accredited hosppitals - Hospital Italiano in Cordoba and Hospital Universitario Austral in Buenos Aires) specilizes in other medical procedures as well.
- Panama - Very good combination of quality and price, not to mention great environment and beaches with a JCI-accerdited clinic offering plastic procedures (Clinica Hospital San Fernando).